Monday, December 5

all because of a video...

it's my last week of classes for the semester. tomorrow, I have three papers due and one final to take. So, why in the world am I blogging when the practical, good student thing to do (and we all know i'm a GREAT student... or procrastination's best friend. whichever, i guess.) would be read, write, pull out my hair, drink some hot chocolate, and then repeat that process? 


Because of a video.


There I was, 100% committed to finishin' my 10-pager (maybe not quite 100%), when my dear, sweet, not-good-at-helping-me-focus roommate told me to check it out. reluctantly gladly opening myself to another distraction, I did just that...

And I was inspired

Not in the life-altering, I-want-to-go-knock-on-every-neighbor's-door kind of way... but in a soft, gentle way that happens when I am undeniably touched by Truth.

And I am, for the hundredth time today, so, so very thankful. for my God. for our purity. and for my devilishly handsome, leader of a fiance.


have I mentioned how blessed I am?!

This guy is gifted, to say the least... and I would feel totally confident setting him up with any of my not-yet-swept-away friends (unsure why I'm on a let's-hyphenate-everything-kick, but it's working for me). it's called "sexual healing", and he's addressing our society's problem of sex as recreation. watch it, soak it in. this is truth, by gosh.  


 

Like I said, gifted, right? 

Leaving you with a quote from Elisabeth Elliot...

"There is dullness, monotony, sheer boredom in all of life when purity is no longer protected and prized. By trying to grab fulfillment everywhere, we find it nowhere."

with love and gratefulness, 
Kara soon-to-be Lankford

(that sounds sooo good...)

1 comment:

  1. This is really good!! I've been thinking of that vow we made at Ridgecrest the first year I went and I am so thankful for that day! and like you said I am thankful for purity! I am proud of you Kara!

    ReplyDelete